Welcome to InTECuity!
The Only Resource in the Healthcare Marketplace that Trains Practices How
to Reduce Liability While Increasing Reimbursement.
Here’s what to expect next:
You can request appointments with our staff by emailing info@InTECuity.com and providing three times when you and your staff are available for an appointment or, if we don’t hear from you the day you purchase, our staff will reach out to make appointments for you.
Provider Appointment #1. (allow 1 hour with providers and staff and 30 additional minutes with office manager)
Meet with practice administrator, billing staff and providers via video and screen sharing technology (provided by InTECuity)
- Explain compliance process, procedures and tools
- Train practitioner(s) to select taxonomy codes to describe their training
- Explain why having the right taxonomy codes increases scope of practice and billable procedures.
- Learn how to apply for or modify NPI number.
- Gather information from office manager that will be used to design a program specific to your practice.
- Get login and password established for Find-A-Code subscription.
Provider Appointment #2. (allow 1 hr. with providers and billing staff and 30 mins. with admin. staff)
Meet with billing staff and providers via video and screen sharing technology
- Select and verify procedure codes used to bill for services.
- Provide optional coding pre-selected by InTECuity staff related to taxonomy codes and training.
- Review the first draft of the individualized patient encounter form or superbill header.
- Review tasks required of the HIPAA compliance officer
- Go over documents and talk about how to upgrade them to further protect the practice (additional conference calls will be scheduled with office manager and/or HIPAA compliance officer).
- Explain how to further protect practice from internal whistleblower.
Provider Appointment #3. (allow 1 hour with providers and biller)
Meet with providers and billing staff via video and screen sharing technology
- Select and verify the ICD-10 codes most frequently used by practitioner(s).
- Generate superbills
- Teach provider(s) how to fill out superbill in 3 minutes or less
- Teach biller how to specify ICD-10 based on superbill shorthand
- Show provider how to use SuperBill to enhance S.O.A.P. or visit notes
There are three main coding sets InTECuity uses to maximize reimbursement:
- Procedure codes – these codes describe the services and charges provided to your patients. There are three code sets available to communicate services and charges
- CPT – owned by the American Medical Association and also known as HCPCS I
- HCPCS II – owned by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid
- ABC codes – owned by ABC Coding Solutions
- ICD-10 diagnostic codes – developed by the World Health Organization and clinically modified in the US to document health care problems
Taxonomy codes – developed by the National Uniform Billing Committee
To learn more about why accurate coding is essential in protecting your practice from liability associated with fraudulent billing (fines starting at $10,781.40 per claim), read the following article: http://www.natlawreview.com/article/false-claims-act-penalties-double-august-1-2016